Saturday, April 26, 2008

NFL Draft Day!!

Does anyone else out there find it funny to see how much hoopla surrounds the NFL draft day? I was listening to Buck and Kincaid on 680 am this week and heard that they would be broadcasting live on Saturday from the Hudson Grille in ATL, 'so come on out and join us to watch the draft'... seriously? Anyone who wants to spend an entire Saturday afternoon watching a DRAFT has no life. period. Half the guys that get picked will never sniff an NFL starting job. I'm all for spending an afternoon watching actual football, but this is ridiculous. And for the record, the Hudson Grill will be packed today.




Anybody get to see Bobby Cox get tossed last night? It was his ever-growing record 136th ejection of his illustrious career. I know I am a homer for the Bravos, but I have to say Cox has to be the greatest player's manager ever in baseball. I think most of the guys on the team would take a bat to the head for him, b/c they know he would do the same. I love it, because the only reason he argued last nite was to keep his pitcher from getting tossed. Arguing balls and strikes from the dugout? What kind of view is that? But he kept his pitcher in the game, and the Braves came back for the victory.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

I am just impressed that Bobby can make it to the umpire without one of his knees giving out. He is definetly a player's coach. Its hard to understand how fans could have a bad word to say about him. Maybe they would rather Ted Turner come back and coach the team?