Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I'm rooting for Hillary

That reads funny, coming from me. But in any case, I hope she wins PA tonight. I hope it empowers her to continue her futile campaign and further divide the Dems through the early summer. I watched some of that debate last week, and I have to say that I really believe those two hate each other. What was sad was listening to Charlie Gibson spend the first 30 minutes asking questions about 'God and guns' and Jeremiah Wright. Legitimate concerns for voters, but I wanted to hear some policy talk, but by 8:28 I was bored out of my mind and decided to watch some Family Guy instead.

That is kind of the story of this race. We are so inundated with coverage of their comments and relationships that I don't want to hear another word about Obama or Hillary. I think that is the media's plan: Let's talk about God and guns and Jeremiah Wright so much that it numbs the masses to a point that they don't care anymore that Obama is an elitist, pompous POS. We can now convince ourselves that these issues are no big deal because we don't want to hear one more word about them.

On a lighter note...

Congrats to John Smoltz of the Bravos for collecting K number 3000 tonight. I'm kicking myself for not heading down to the game. He got his first strikeout when I was 9 years old. He is getting old. But he still throws 93 with a sick slider and even nastier splitty. If you don't know what that is, I'm not going to tell you.

He has been the staple of the Braves since they began their run of success, and other than Chipper I say he is the crowd favorite. And just for the record, I wanted our dog's name to be Smoltz, but Summer wasn't a big fan. So I had to take Brave #2 instead.





And while we are on the sports topics, congrats to the Hawks, who looked like an NCAA team vs. the Celtics on Sunday night. Better luck tomorrow night. If you missed it, they lost by about 24.

3 comments:

Harvey Birdman said...

Too bad Smoltz had to take a loss in that game last night. Where's the offense? Let that goon on the Nat's shut them out...sad.

MJN6 said...

Hey Josh I think Brave #2 is #1 at your house. What do you think??

Ryan said...

How on earth can you like Hillary?
I knew you were a liberal. I can't agree with you more about Smoltz.