Monday, April 7, 2008

Watch out for the little man from GA


When I was a student at Berry College back in the late 90's, we had a guest speaker come into one of the economic classes I was taking at the time. He was a little man, which says alot coming from me. His name was Bob Barr, at the time a Congressman representing the 7th district of Georgia. He was an integral part of the Clinton impeachment proceedings, and has always been a staunch conservative, even if at times I felt that he was a grandstander that was always seeking the spotlight... which brings us to today. Reading an article from realclearpolitics.com (great site for real insight into politics from both sides) about Barr's pending announcement that he will enter the race for president as the Libertarian candidate. Many of us will think no big deal, but this could be a real challenge for John McCain, due in most part to the conservative voters who only will vote for McCain as the alternative to Hillobama. I personally would have a hard time voting for Barr, b/c all he will do is take away conservative votes, and as I said before, I'm not a huge fan of the guy. But his politics are closer to mine, which I think could really impact the election in November.


Anyway, enough of my thoughts, read the article, by James Antle of the American Spectator.

1 comment:

Harvey Birdman said...

"But his politics are closer to mine, which I think could really impact the election in November."

It can't impact the election if you don't vote for him! Voters like you are the reason we are stuck with these 2 jokes for political parties. We need a legit 3rd party...and that only happens if people vote for who they want instead of trying to block who they don't! Do the right thing Josh.