Thursday, April 17, 2008

Hawks in the playoffs?


Did I read that correctly? I believe so. Get excited Atlanta, because your 2007-08 Hawk team has finally redeemed all of the failures of the past 12 years, making Atlanta a basketball city once again!!!


Or has it? Truth be told, the Hawks backdoored their way into the 8th and final playoff spot this year, with a losing record to boot. Sure, they ended the longest current playoff drought of any team in the NBA by qualifying for the postseason, but does that mean this year has been a success? They improved by four games from last year, and last year they were... terrible. Good news is the Eastern Division holds arguably 2 of the best teams in the NBA and not much else. In the Western Conference, the Hawks would have finished in 11th, and about 12 games out of the playoff race.


I hope they can pull out a victory over the heavily favored Celtics in at least one game, and if they can make this series respectable it will give them all kinds of confidence going into next season. So good luck Hawks, make Atlanta proud, sort of.


Sunday night's game will be on TNT for those of you interested. I might catch a minute or two of the game, if only to see what hideous sport coat that moron Craig Sager is going to wear while doing his sideline analysis. Its sad when the only time the NBA is even remotely appealing to me is during the postseason. Actually just the finals. Then teams actually play defense, its amazing.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

I am a huge Eagles fan. Al Horford is rookie of the year in my book!

Harvey Birdman said...

I watched the first game of the hawks/celtics series...

I guess you can say the Hawks are in the playoffs, but they aren't "in" the playoffs.