Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Ranting during the Tech-Duke game

Great call turning pro Javaris... thanks a million.

I hate to sound like a bitter loser, but I find it absolutely absurd that Georgia Tech is shooting their first free throws vs. Duke tonight with 9 minutes left in the game. 31 minutes played, and GT has 2 free throw attempts and Duke has 19. Coach K and his crew get so many calls their way it is sick. I have found myself rooting a bit for Duke this year, as they are on all the time and are a fun team to watch. Tonight just reminds me why I have hated that squad since I was four. They get every call. Oh, that and they dominate the Jackets.

So, they throw a stat up during the game, bragging about how the ACC has 7 black coaches out of 12, something unprecedented in college hoops. They start oooing and aaaing over these guys, and how great a job they have done. Of the seven, I'd say four are or will be very good college coaches. The others, not so much. It drives me nuts when race is an issue at all. There shouldn't even be a debate about this topic. Get the best guy to coach your team: black, white, asian, mexican, I don't give a rip.

John McCain yesterday denounced Bill Cunnigham's comments about Obama at a Cincinnatti rally in McCain's honor. Cunningham, a syndicated conservative radio host, has now stated that he would support Hillary's candidacy for president. Get a grip dude, and get your pride off your shoulders. You are a poor excuse for a conservative if you get your feelings hurt over that. Granted, McCain is playing the nice politician right now, and throwing one of his supporters under the bus. But get over it. He is still a better alternative regarding economic policy, health care, tax reform, and especially the war on terror than either of the two clowns on the left. Bill would serve his country best if he would forget about personal stuff and focus on the issues.

Ok, I am ranting, and this could go on all night. There is about 3 minutes left in the game and I am just pissed. GT has lost 4 games in conference by a total of 6 points. They just can't get it done late, and they again are letting this one slip away.


2 comments:

Harvey Birdman said...

You should have stopped watching Tech Basketball this year when they lost to UGA. That was a sign.

Josh said...

good point Harvey.