Sunday, January 20, 2008

Global Warming???


Just had 2 days of snow here in Woodstock, GA in the last 4 days.... Each snow brought us a little less than 2 inches, which is more snow than we have seen in a while. I am shocked of course, that we are getting snow in GA with all of the global warming going on. I had actually planned on doing a little sunbathing at the pool this weekend, but the weather screwed it all up.


Sitting here tonight watching the Packers-Giants NFC Championship game, where the temp is a balmy -2, with wind chills nearing -30. That's NEGATIVE 30. Way too cold for me. Hoping the Pack can pull this out and get Favre back the Super Bowl.

But back to the weather in ATL. I think my favorite part of snow is the mass hysteria of the local population with the threat of snow comes. Packed grocery stores, drivers going 5 mph before the snow ever begins to stick, etc, etc. AM 750 made it sound like ATL was going to be wiped off the face of the maps with this "storm". And my biggest question is this... If we are expecting a few hours of snow and MAYBE one night of ice, why does everyone go and buy bread and milk???? That makes no sense. Buy something that you might want to eat for a night, don't stock up on rations for a two-week bunkering in. I can't believe that the biggest seller isn't beer and liquor. I'd much rather be stocked up on Miller Lites than Mayfield for a Saturday night snow-in.

No comments: