Tuesday, January 22, 2008

And it so it goes...


Mr. Law & Order did as I expected him to today, by dropping his bid for the Republican presidential nomination. I am disappointed, but I don't think he stood much of a chance with his showing to date. So, now it looks like I am going to have towards Mr. Huckabee for the nomination. We'll see what happens in the next few weeks. And for the record, I think it is safe to say that Fred married up when he and Jeri exchanged vows... good for him.

Sitting here right now watching 'Balls of Fury', a classic ping pong movie... Actually, its probably one of the dumbest movies I've seen in a while but pretty dang funny. Christopher Walken is his typical goofy self, and there are quite a few cameos I didn't expect. Not a bad way to waste 90 minutes of my life. I'd give it a 2 out of 5, simply for the laughs.

I saw where Heath Ledger died this afternoon in his NYC apartment. Very sad news, as I think he was a great actor, and I am really looking forward to his role as the Joker in the upcoming Dark Knight movie (second in the line of new Batman movies). And as usual, the media can't stop talking about his death. Its been on the front page of every site I have visited tonight. Definitely a sad story, but I don't want to be bombarded with stories for the next week about him. Nothing against Ledger, but this celebrity worship culture we live in makes me want to vomit. Give his family some privacy and just report on news that will actually make a difference in people's lives. The family doesn't deserve the hoopla and I don't want to see it.

On a positive note, it appears that the Fed cutting rates by the greatest amount since 1984 may have averted a tumultuous slide of the global economy. Foreign and domestic markets rallied after the action, but who knows what will happen next. It will be interesting to see how this plays into the presidential race.

1 comment:

Stephen said...

Too bad Fred didn't pull it out. I think his wife would have been the hottest First Lady of all time, even hotter than Jackie O.