Monday, September 8, 2008

Back in action


2 months off of the blogging circuit has left me with plenty of intemperate thoughts that need to put onto paper, so to speak. We'll start tonight with this one....


I am in line at Publix (great grocery store, by the way, especially their bakery) today and see the cover of US Weekly staring at me while in line. The headline story is Sarah Palin, and the headline reads, "Sarah Palin: Babies, Lies, and Scandal." I just about ripped the magazine to shreds right there in line. When did it become so fashionable for the media, especially the ones that supposedly support the push for women and their continued push to "equality" with men, to completely rip apart one of their own? Oh wait, I forgot, Sarah Palin is not one of them.


Apparently these groups, such as the feminists, the NAACP, the enviromenalists, et al, aren't fighting for their cause so much as they are fighting for a political agenda that keeps leaning further and further to the left. I would think that working women everywhere would be ecstatic about the prospects of Palin's rapid ascension to the 2nd in line on a presidential ticket, but apparently it depends on which ticket she is on. Rather than talk about Palin's credentials, all US Weekly and Time and the other elite news outlets want to bring out is alleged scandals and the fact that yes, Palin is a mother of five and works. I thought that was a good thing in their eyes. I am embarrassed for these news outlets, and I am even more embarassed that our citizens read this crap and continue to support their business by buying their BS magazines and newspapers. Have any of these guys put Obama on the cover to talk about his connections to known terrorists and money launderers? Please tell me soon, because I am holding my breath in anticipation.


We are moving further and further to a national mindset that it is the celebrity status, not the actual issues, that drive discussion and decision making regarding support for a candidate or a party. I am ashamed of this, and I hope the people of this country wake up and realize how warped of a society we are becoming.

6 comments:

ma said...

Amen. Please blog more often. I always enjoy your's and Ryan's. But have I ever told YOU that YOU are really my FAVORITE. LOVE YOU ma

One Krazy Momma said...

Amen! I just wish there was a way to keep what people hear an read balanced, but since all the trash magazines people read are owned by a lefty it's pretty difficult.

Ryan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ryan said...

I think Palin and whats his face have a good chance now. She just has that "celebrity" vibe to her. I'm sure she stands for some good stuff too. Politics is a lot of work to learn what the truth really is and most people( even some who claim to keep up with it) are not willing to put in the effort. Thats why "picture" magazines are so popular

Harvey Birdman said...

Bob Barr could kick Sarah Palin's A$$.

Ryan said...

Your crazy Birdman! Palin wins hands down in a knives and glass bottle match. No weapons... he might have a chance, but she still has the reach advantage.