Friday, February 27, 2009

New and Improved

I know its been a few months since I have posted anything, and I apologize to all three of you reading this for the lack of reading material I have provided. I needed a bit of a break, although I can't really tell you why. As you can see, if you are on this page, I changed up the blog address to more accurately describe what it is you will find on here. While I will still post every so often about the Braves, college hoops, and anything Stewie Griffin, the bulk of my postings moving forward will be focused on some of the fundamental and challenging issues that we as Americans need to better understand. Over the past few months, my eyes have been opened to so many critical issues that I have previously just glossed over and failed to truly understand. And with our current socio-economic ups and downs (mostly downs right now), we all need a dose of reality regarding our country's leadership plans, and what kind of impact these plans will have on our future for years to come.

If past history is any indicator of our future, we all need to "re-learn" many of the facts about our system of government and free enterprise that we have been taught and accepted as truth. America is changing, and we have an opportunity to either take part in shaping that change, or to sit back and watch as others change it for us, for better or for worse. With so much going on today, it is vital that we at least understand the true consequences of our decisions and the decisions that others are making for us.

So I am setting out to accomplish a few things. One, to have a forum to write about whatever I choose to. Gotta love the first amendment. Two, to bring up issues that I believe to be important to all of us, and show you how they are relevant. Three, make you think. And hopefully agitate you in some way as well.

Enjoy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Josh, the other readers and I are very pleased to hear that you are back. I will be checking back soon.