Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Welcome Back

Been a few weeks since my last post. Sorry to all of you loyal readers out there (all three of you). I am going to make sure I get at least a few posts in a week to keep my readership level so high...

Petrino: What a joke
After reading about the Falcon's coach leaving midway through his first season with the team, I realized how fed up I am with guys not living up to their word. This guy signed a 5 year contract and leaves in the first year because of some hard times. The good news is that the Falcons will be better off without him, but I can't imagine why any team, college or pro, would want to have a guy like this as their coach. He is going to do the same thing to Arkansas in a year or two when something better comes along.

On a lighter note, at least the Falcons will get a top 3 draft pick this year. Maybe they'll actually pick somebody that can play at the NFL level. But I am not holding my breath.

2008 Prez Race Update
I have to say that I am excited about the fact that Mike Huckabee has leapt forward to frontrunner on the Republican side of the race. He is the only candidate who has pushed the FairTax, which I believe could lead our nation to huge gains in economic freedom and prosperity. He is also socially conservative, unlike most of the other candidates. I need to do more research on all of his positions before I start branding him as my guy in the race, but I like what I have seen and heard up to this point.

And its always fun for me to watch Billary start taking hits from all sides. Its becoming evident that no one likes her, and she has put her foot in her mouth enough times to turn off quite a few voters. Its still early, but I hope she keeps plummeting.

GT's New Coach
I am very excited about Paul Johnson coming on board to run the Jackets' football team next year. Everything I have read says that this guy is no-nonsense, and he knows the game. He has won everywhere he has coached, including Navy. He knows how to recruit the 'smart' players who would fit in at Tech, and his offense will give defenses fits next year. It should be a fun team to watch.

2 comments:

sara jackson said...

Josh so happy that you are back!! I love to read your rants. They amuse me. I am happy that Hillary is being seen as who she is a dishonest person! Keep up the good work.

sara jackson said...

I begin each day with a check of my favorite "blogs" and yours is way up there.Glad to have you back in the "blogosphere."

Ryan